We’re Hiring – Project Manager
SBS Design and Build is a dynamic residential construction company specialising in high end extensions, renovations and new build projects in the Bath and surrounding area. With a design service, large in house team (covering all trades), Window distribution and Kitchen sales, we cover all aspects of the building process.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated Project Manager to join our team and help with our continued growth and company development.
Our project managers are the key figure of the construction project team. They oversee the planning and delivery of construction projects. They ensure that work is completed on time and within budget. They organise logistics, delegate work and keep track of spending. They draft contracts. Our Project Managers have excellent communication skills with clients, suppliers and colleagues. And they manage risk and ensure site health and safety is maintained.
- Working with architects and clients during the early stages of the project to determine feasibility of execution.
- Manage field crew and subcontractor schedules to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding work being performed.
- Ensure that subcontractors are fully executing and complying with their contracted scope of work.
- Direct/coordinate work in the field in accordance with plans and specifications.
- Communicate any conflicts or revisions associated with the project to the project team prior to execution.
- Coordinate required inspections with local buildings departments.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety and quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in the construction progress and communicate them to the crew for resolution.
- Maintain and update the construction schedules for assigned projects and project folders on a weekly basis.
- Provide updated schedules to the clients and Lead Installers in a timely manner.
- Perform Project Manager duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Perform residential job site estimating.
- Ensure subcontractors have corrected all deficiencies identified.
- Walk all projects multiple times a week to monitor progress, accuracy, cleanliness, safety and customer satisfaction.
- Perform job progress and completion punch lists.
- Preside at pre-construction meeting with each subcontractor.
- The Project Manager shall scheduling crew members on a daily basis.
- Timely ordering of materials to maintain progress and momentum on site.
- Monitoring project costs and administrating variations.
- Developing and updating Payment Plans.
Safety and Health Responsibilities:
- Works with and through senior management, to ensure compliance with safety and environmental procedures and to assist in the achievement of profitability/productivity requirements.
- Assists, plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local council rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- Advises safety administrators and committee on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions.
- Plans and implements training for employees in work site safety practices.
- Maintains safety files and records
- Conducts post-accident investigation and prepares report identifying possible accident causes and hazards for use by company personnel and senior management.
- Assist, set up and conducts training.
- Assists in the development, evaluation and upgrading of safety programs.
- Problem Solving/ Analysis
- Ethical Conduct
- Interpersonal Competence
- Time Management
- Risk Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Control
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be able to understand and interpret architectural and structural plans.
- Mathematical Skills- Ability to calculate figures such as percentages and square footage. Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Strong communication skills; thorough and attentive to details; able to prioritise and multitask; proactive and deadline-oriented.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, suppliers and employees at all levels of the organisation.
- Being pro-active and quick-thinking to sudden changes in schedule.
- Being adaptive and make suggestions on alternative ways of accomplishing the task at hand.
What you’ll receive:
- £35-40k per year, plus bonus scheme
- Full time position
- Office and site-based duties
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Extra days holiday added per year after first 3 years’ service, for a maximum of 3 years
- Subsidised staff social events
- Christmas parties, sports events, Staff BBQs at the owner’s house
- Hospitality at local sports events
- Training and further development is encouraged
- Future potential for part company ownership
email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply