We’re Hiring – Quantity Surveyor/ Estimator
SBS Design and Build is a dynamic residential construction company specialising in high end extensions, renovations and new build projects in the Bath and surrounding area. With a design service, large in-house team (covering all trades), window distribution and kitchen sales, we cover all aspects of the building process.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated Quantity Surveyor/Estimator to expand our team to aid our continued growth and company development.
Our Quantity Surveyor/ Estimator will be a key position within the construction project team, working alongside of our Project Managers, and office team and reporting to the Director. You will be responsible for estimating projects and lead budget analysis. You will assist with contract drafting and keep update rate information to ensure our tenders and projects are profitable. Excellent communication skills with clients, suppliers and colleagues is essential.
- Obtaining up to date costs for items such as materials, transport, labour and equipment
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with sub-contractors and suppliers
- Obtaining quotes from suppliers and contractors within a specified time frame
- Assessing and managing risk levels associated with a project
- Preparing and submitting quotations and details of costs for work to be done
- Assisting with bids for new contracts and supporting the activities of project managers
- Monitoring the costs at the different stages of a project and reporting upstream
- The ability to work under pressure to meet set goals, budgets and deadlines
- Proficiency with word processing, excel and estimating software
- The ability to read architectural plans and specifications and produce cost estimates
- The ability to manage time well and multitask
- Strong understanding of the residential construction process
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of construction methods
- Identifying and pricing of contact variations thought live project
- Issuing relevant notices and invoices in line with the contract
- Working with architects and clients during the early stages of the project to determine feasibility of execution.
- Perform residential job site estimating.
- Problem Solving/ Analysis.
- Ethical Conduct
- Interpersonal Competence
- Time Management
- Risk Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Control
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be able to understand and interpret architectural and structural plans.
- Mathematical Skills- Ability to calculate figures such as percentages and square footage. Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Strong communication skills; thorough and attentive to details; able to prioritise and multitask; proactive and deadline oriented.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, suppliers, and employees at all levels of the organisation.
What you’ll receive:
- £30-40k per year
- Full time position
- Office based
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Extra days holiday added per year after first 3 years’ service, for a maximum of 3 years
- Subsidised staff social events
- Christmas parties, sports events, Staff BBQs at the owner’s house
- Hospitality at local sports events
- Training and further development is encouraged
- Future potential for part company ownership
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org